Explore how you and your business can work with The Uncorked Librarian LLC (TUL).
What Is The Uncorked Librarian All About?
The Uncorked Librarian showcases “books and movies to inspire travel.”
Our goal is for readers and movie watchers to travel via their armchairs as well as enhance planned and previous vacations to destinations.
Through our annual and popular Uncorked Reading Challenge, readers explore monthly themes, discuss their selections in our engaged Facebook Group, read more diversely, and challenge themselves to read outside of their norm.
Readers will also find new releases, translated literature, and “everyday” reading lists by season and subject.
We cannot resist sharing our favorite haunted house novels, wickedly witchy stories, and dark academia books.
Who manages The Uncorked Librarian?
Christine manages The Uncorked Librarian LLC.
She writes The Uncorked Librarian’s website content, manages all social media channels, facilitates the Uncorked Readers Facebook Group, sends out newsletters, and personally responds to emails and inquiries.
Of course, Christine also devours a plethora of books, movies, documentaries, TV shows, and podcasts.
We also hire paid and credited writers for articles. These contributors are both a part of our reading community and writing team.
Read more about Christine.
Who is The Uncorked Librarian’s demographic?
Our visitors range in age from college students, librarians, and booksellers to retirees, teachers, and avid readers.
Our audience is based mostly in the United States followed by residents of the UK, Canada, India, Australia, Germany, Indonesia, The Philippines, The Netherlands, South Africa, Italy, France, Ireland, Spain, New Zealand, Malaysia, and Nigeria.
We also own Uncorked Asheville
Christine also manages the highly visited travel website, Uncorked Asheville. Uncorked Asheville is for visitors and new residents to “experience Asheville like a local.”
Our hope is that visitors will experience the magic of Asheville, North Carolina that we felt on our first visit. Of course, we are now Asheville, NC residents.
We especially encourage North Carolina travelers to tour both off-the-beaten-path and more local places as well as visit “must-sees.”
Explore Uncorked Asheville’s website.
So, How Can We Work Together?
You champion your products, books, and services just as much as The Uncorked Librarian appreciates a full-bodied glass of red wine and a boozy, Paris-wandering, vampire slayer indie novel.
TUL wants nothing more than to shine a book light onto heartfelt and unique brands, books, publishers, businesses, and individuals.
For Authors & Businesses
Here’s how you can work with us:
- We accept media invites to events and press releases. Please just remember to ask before signing us up for newsletters — it’s the law.
- If you’d like to purchase ad space on The Uncorked Librarian — like the ads that you currently see running on our website — please email Christine for the link to go directly through our Ad Network, Mediavine.
- If you’d like to partner for an event or request a guest appearance, we’d love to hear from you. We are always interested in hosting meet-ups and onsite book clubs. We charge a fee for most guest appearances.
- If you are an author or publisher wanting to share your books, please refer to our Book Review Policy. Please do not automatically add us to your mailing list without permission or spam us. We receive many emails/requests and may not always respond. Please do not send the same email/request more than once.
- We will occasionally consider sponsored stays, meals, drinks, and activities at no obligation to post or write about the experience. If we have a good experience, we typically share this in our newsletter, across social media channels, and may add your business to a relevant website article — at our discretion.
- For a fee, we will also occasionally create sponsored posts for the website and social media as well as accept Press Trips.
We will not work/partner for a free glass of wine.
You cannot pay your bills with a glass of champagne and neither can we. Please don’t contact us with these types of inquiries.
Upon request, we’d also be more than happy to send you our Media Kit and website stats for monthly and yearly pageviews, etc.
Email Christine at hello [at] theuncorkedlibrarian [dot] com for all opportunities.
For Freelance Writers:
While we take pride in reading as many books as we can and writing our own articles, we hire paid and credited website writers/contractors to help us.
Please know that we do not hire ghostwriters.
We ask that writers are willing to make more than a one-time commitment, especially since we take time to train you to write specifically for our website.
You will be asked to sign a contract stating all terms of our agreement.
If you are interested in writing for The Uncorked Librarian (or Uncorked Asheville), please email Christine with the following information:
- Experience and one or two writing samples demonstrating your abilities
- Demonstration of basic SEO skills and understanding — while we prefer writers who have a background/training in SEO and marketing, this is not necessarily a requirement
- Your rate per word count
- Topics you’d like to write about; we ask that you read many of the books (and watch the movies) that you talk about
A Few Of The Businesses & Brands We’ve Worked With
The Uncorked Librarian LLC and Uncorked Asheville work together as well as separately with many book, booze, marketing, and travel businesses.
These are just a few of the brands and businesses we’ve teamed up with:
Sarah Resta Photography
NC Muscadine Grape Association
Bob’s Red Mill
Sarah Franklin Design
Tupelo Honey Cafe
Savvy Marketing Solutions
Tabletop Media Group
The AR Collection
Sante Wine Bar
Indie Book Box
Where You Can Find The Uncorked Librarian
Below are the main business accounts associated with TUL: